Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Featured Author: Joz Maxel

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Joz Maxel!!



MY ABSOLUTION (Book 1 in The Absolution Series)

 
BLURB:


Have you ever loved a woman with your heart and soul, just to watch her slip away?
I had her.
I broke her.
I left a piece of me behind.
My best friend put her back together.
Cherished her.
Loved her the way she deserved.
My time for absolution has come.
And I'll stop at nothing until I get it.
Now I'll have to fight my way back to what I left behind.

I wasn't expecting to write a second book but when you write a character and he's screaming at you that he needs to tell his story,...








Under The Rising Sun (Book 2 in The Absolution Series)

BLURB:

I knew what love was. I grew up in it.
The kind of love my mother and step-father had for each other was a constant current of electricity between them that never shorted, never wavered, never broke.
I wanted that all consuming, all powerful, lose your mind, can't breathe without you, drive you mad kind of love.
I found it with my best friend.
We took a year off after high school to explore what the rest of the world had to offer us. We made friends, we experienced life and got carried away in the best and most unforgettable ways.
But the best moment of them all was on top of a mountain, the view of an endless ocean, where I fell in love with my best friend.
Under the Rising Sun.






Add to your TBR  



Down the Rabbit Hole (Book 3 in The Absolution Series)
Out of the madness came something extraordinary.
But not without a price.


BLURB:

An innocent crush
Turned into a rush
When he gave me the attention I craved
His touch became vile
Like a turn of the dial
The path down the rabbit hole he paved
Carrick came along
Told me I belonged
In this world to be cherished and loved
When life spun out of control
It crushed my soul
My fate written in the stars above










Amazon Links






 About Joz Maxel:

Joz Maxel is a married mother of three living in Western Canada. Falling hard into the indie world four years ago, she been an avid reader, pimper and blogger.

When an opportunity to write a short story for a contest presented itself she thought "Why not" and went for it. Her debut novella My Absolution published in August of 2017.

When not writing or juggling her house of mayhem, she yells at the television while watching her beloved Edmonton Oilers or binge watches Supernatural, Stranger Things and Riverdale, just to name a few.



Interview With Joz Maxel:

1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
I intended my books to be real, honest, and heartfelt. There are quite a bit of similarities between locations, characters and situations from real life experiences. I write the books I would love to read.
 
2. What inspires you to write?
Everything inspires me. To keep plugging away at it...it's because of my kids. They tell everyone their mom writes books, so to me it shows them they can do anything their little minds can dream of. Lately I'm so engrossed in the hockey mom lifestyle, a hockey story is screaming to be written.
 
3. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
 I have three published books in a series and working on a complete stand alone set for release late next year. My favourite one is still My Absolution.
 
4.  Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
I write when I have time, which hasn't been a lot lately. During the Christmas break I plan on smashing out the words like crazy. Usually at night, after the kids go to bed so it's uninterrupted time.
 
5. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
 Wine
 
6. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
Usually the kitchen table with music playing.
 
7.  Do you have a release day tradition?
Cry. During release day nothing special but I do plan a date night with my husband and a few friends to celebrate.
 
8.  What  writing projects are you currently working on?
 My current WIP is Wild Horses. It's about a man taking care of his ailing father and the family barber business all while falling for the girl he crushed on when his older brother dated her years ago. 


No comments:

Post a Comment