Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Featured Author: Ana Balen

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Ana Balen!!!



Wishing For A Star:

It's supposed to go like this. Boy meets girl, they fall madly in love with each other, battle some shit in their way, and after conquering the challenge, they ride off to their happily ever after.
But, not one fairytale, or love story tells you that after that ride, life happens. We had our story, and we were supposed to live happily in our bubble forever. After one check-up, our bubble burst and reality started to invade. And now, facing the unsure road of IVF treatment, we have to be stronger than ever. Once again, we must go into battle for our happily ever after. Taking that first step was easy. Staying on this road is harder than we thought.
And now, with unexpected obstacles in the way, it’s not a question of if the IVF will succeed. It’s will we be strong enough to stay together and reach for the stars?

Amazon US → https://amzn.to/2xGaeQ4
Amazon UK → https://amzn.to/2Hn0ppQ
Amazon CA → https://amzn.to/2JsQPXO
Amazon AU → https://amzn.to/2JrINyq


About Ana Balen:

  Ana Balen was born in Zagreb, Croatia, where she still lives with her husband, their son (read boss!) and the son’s pet rabbit named Shhh! (or some other gibberish that’s the favorite of their son for the day.) She spends her days driving her husband up the wall (when he can’t get her ass up from the bed in the mornings), reading and daydreaming, or following orders from a two-year old. In the hectic life she leads (and loves every second of it), she never thought about writing. But, then one day a name popped in her head, then, the snippets of things, and she sat down and started typing. Next thing, she wrote a book. And now, she’s trying to write another one ;)


 
 
Interview With Ana Balen:
 
1. Can you tell us a little about your book?
My book is called Wishing for a star. It's about a married couple struggling with IVF, their personal struggles, and the ones they face as a couple. It's raw, emotional, but most of all, it's real.

2. What inspires you to write?
Life. Wishing for a star came to be thanks to my personal experience and the feelings I had. This new book I'm currently writing came to be from mix of events. And the next one on the schedule, well the idea for that one was born from one single sentence I heard.

3. Using one sentence, can you describe Wishing for a star? 
Story of love, family but most importantly, life.
 
4. Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
Unfortunately, I don't. I'm at my best in the mornings, but am not able to write every morning. I carry a notebook with me everywhere, so whenever I have time, or inspiration hits, I can take it out and write. I'm trying to establish some kind of routine, so I can be more productive, but that's going to happen anytime soon. My days are hectic since I have a day job, I'm a mom and a wife, and in the middle of all that, I decided to write books.

5. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
I don't eat while I write, but I must have coffee. As soon as I finish one cup, I go and make myself another. 
 
6. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
I change it almost daily. Today it's the desk that my husband set up for me in our bedroom. Tomorrow, who knows? LOL
 
7. If your fairy godmother waved her wand and whisked you away to the location of your choice, which place would you choose, and why?
Island Pašman. I want to go there. It's a small island near Zadar and one of the most quiet and beautiful places. I'm going there with my family on Aug 27th, and honestly can't wait. We need a vacation badly. Ask me again on Sept 4th and I'll probably have different answer.
 
8. What are writing projects are you currently working on?
I just started writing my second book. ( working title Set in Stone) I have no idea where it'll take me, but I'm sure it's going to be fun. One thing I do know, it's going to be complete opposite then Wishing for a star. ( That book almost destroyed me emotionally, so I need recuperation time.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment