Friday, April 27, 2018

Featured Author: G.R. Lyons

Welcome Today's Featured Author
G.R. Lyons!!
 

    Ice on Fire
     Series: Treble and the Lost Boys
     Volume: 1
         Genre: m/m romance
     Release date: 27 April 2018

Blurb: 
Zac Cinder is on the verge of making his dream come true. His punk rock band, Inferno, might have a shot at an audition for a record deal. Fame and fortune would mean he could finally help his parents. They'd raised eight kids in a loving household while barely scraping by, so Zac is determined to give back in any way he can.

Keeping Inferno together, though, means keeping his biggest secret. His bigoted bandmates would drop him in an instant if they found out Zac was gay.

Then he meets Adrian Frost, and Zac can't resist the shy man. Adrian gives up everything to be with Zac, but Zac can't bring himself to do the same. He doesn't want to lose Adrian, but he can't give up Inferno, either. Not when he's so close to realizing his dream.

When one cruel decision rips Adrian from his life, Zac will have to decide if ambition is worth the price of the greatest happiness he's ever known.

(Note: This story takes place in a fictional world, the same as in the Shifting Isles Series. There are multiple gods, different names for the days of the week, etc. A glossary is included.)

WARNING: Contains scenes of self-harm that may be disturbing for some readers.


Buy link:  


About G.R. Lyons: 


While daylighting as office manager for the family auto repair business, G.R. Lyons can often be found working on one of multiple manuscripts or desperately trying to keep up with the TBR pile. Anarcho-capitalist, quietly 'out' trans guy, former belly dancer, coffee guzzler, highly-sensitive introvert, CrossFit enthusiast, and lover of m/m romantic fiction.

Social Media:
     Website: grlyonsauthor.com


Interview With G.R. Lyons:
1. Can you tell us a little about your books?

I have several books set in a fictional world. Some of the books are specifically m/m romance, but they all cross various genres, the world combining fantasy, sci-fi, and paranormal elements.

2. When did you know you wanted to write a book?

I started writing purely by accident back in 2009. What began as a sort of self-therapy (since actual therapy wasn't working) suddenly turned into dozens of story ideas, which finally gave me a passion to pursue.

3. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I've written and published 16 novels, but picking a favorite is difficult. I love S.P.I.R.I.T. Division (Shifting Isles, book 2) for the mixture of magic and technology, and I have a soft spot for Second Drafts (Matchmakers Trilogy, book 2) because Elliden Crawford is one of my favorite characters.

4. For a reader who hasn't read your books yet, which book do you suggest they start with?

The Lethean trilogy can be read separately from all my other works, but for the novels set in the world of the Shifting Isles, I'd definitely recommend The Prisoner, since it sets up the world and the timeline.

5. Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?

Over the past several months, I've gotten in the habit of walking down to my favorite restaurant and writing over second breakfast. That usually sets me up nicely for the rest of the day.

6. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?

One word: COFFEE.

7. Do you have a favorite spot to write?

When I'm home, it's usually at the kitchen counter, but I'm easily distracted at home, so I almost daily wind up at the restaurant instead.

8. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?

The only power I can think of wanting would be to communicate better verbally, maybe argue better and help people see logic when there's such a dearth of it in the world lately. Not very super, but there you have it. I'm definitely a writer and not a speaker for a reason. I sound like a bumbling fool in person.

9. What are writing projects are you currently working on?

Besides trying to build a Series Bible (something I should have done a long time ago), I'm writing book 10 in the Shifting Isles series as well as editing the next two Treble and the Lost Boys books.

No comments:

Post a Comment