Saturday, January 27, 2018

Featured Author: Hope Irving


Welcome Today's Featured Author
Hope Irving!!




 Twice Upon A Time (The Black Angel Book Series, Volume 1) 



Once upon a time, I was Morgann, a 9th century Irish calligrapher-monk.

Deirdre was my assignment, my forbidden love, a witch with whom I wrote a coveted book. Unfortunately, our story didn't get a chance to become a fairytale, instead turning into a famous urban legend referred to as The Black Angel Book. 

In order to protect the book from falling into the wrong hands, Deirdre cast a spell. One where I remember and she forgets. Under her spell, our souls travel from body to body until we find each other again. Eventually.

My quest is to find Deirdre, in whatever body her soul inhabits and trigger her memory. Only, the woman I find 1200 years later is not what I was expecting. 

Rose is not my type, but my soul yearns for her. Every sign tells me that she is my Deirdre. How do I convince this broken, quiet and unbelieving woman that she is my twice upon a time?




Add to Goodreads  http://bit.ly/2cibEjY




DEADLY EVER AFTER (The Black Angel Book Series, Volume 2) 

I used to be numb, until I discovered what it was to feel again, thanks to Virgil. He pulled me out of the darkness and bewitched me, somehow.
He messed up my mind.
Overwhelmed my heart.
For once, I was willing to welcome some of those irrational emotions. Why did he hold back? I wanted him and he pushed me away.
Wounded by Virgil’s indecision, I foolishly believed in the fairytale my summer fling offered. Who am I kidding? I’m no princess and this man is definitely not my Prince Charming. That is made apparent by Virgil’s re-appearance, but can I trust him to pull me in and not push me away again?
I wasn’t expecting the dark fairytale that Virgil weaves of the Irish star-crossed lovers. A witch and a monk forever entwined and destined to be together.
Could Virgil and I actually be soulmates, brought back together by an ancient spell, bound to embrace this unorthodox fairytale and a happy ending? Or will this become our deadly ever after?






ONCE UPON A DREAM (The Black Angel Book Series, Volume 3) 

Once upon a time, Rose woke up in the arms of a wolf, her knight in shining armor nowhere in sight. What an unlikely beginning to a modern fairy tale; unless this was just a nightmare.
As awareness strikes with a vengeance, Rose is faced with her new reality. While seeking the guidance of a dream catcher, her true powers are revealed.
Twice upon a time, Virgil woke up in the arms of an unorthodox witch, his timing unfortunate. His love ripped away by magic and time.
Now, reality surpasses his wildest dreams, Virgil is fighting to claim what is his once and for all.
Friends become enemies. True colors are shown. Strangers become lovers.
From Paris to New York, an urban legend brought to life a darker fairytale; unless this is their once upon a dream?









About Hope Irving:


Hope Irving is the proud mother of a lovely and witty young lady, and the lucky wife of a loving and supportive husband. She is a debut indie author who’s lived in Paris, France, most of her life (she’s French, by the way) and also in the US, where she graduated with a master’s degree.
Her favorite foods are Nutella & Camembert cheese (not together), carrot cake and cinnamon Altoids.
Follow her blog or social media to stay on top of her latest projects.



Random facts

> I'm a recovering TV addict. Haven't watched TV in over four years; I'm a happy bookworm.
> I still indulge in movies at the movie theater.
> I love redheads.
> I am not into sports (at all) but I enjoy walking (a lot), especially when shopping.
> I hate karaoke but love to play “name that tune”.
> My favorite ice-cream flavor is peanut butter cup although I don't like peanut butter. Go figure!
> I am a French citizen who has a soft spot for country music… probably because I lived in Texas during grad school.
> I was 16 when I first traveled to the US.
> The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton is the first book I read in English, and I love Ponyboy Curtis...but my book husband is Eric Northman (the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris).



You can connect with Hope below:
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hi_author/
YouTube with music playlists from her books: https://goo.gl/18zyxJ



Interview With Hope Irving:
1.     Can you tell us a little about your books?
The Black Angel Book series is mostly a paranormal/urban fantasy romance with a darker edge and quite a bit of suspense. This continuous story is an unorthodox fairytale about about ancient bewitched souls that yearn to be reunited, regardless of what it takes. The paranormal elements are sprinkled in the first book and pick up as you read along, eventually playing a larger role in the story.
My goal is to bring multi-layered characters, such as Rose and her anti-Prince Charming, to the readers. Characters who have weaknesses and flaws. Characters who have been said to be relatable despite the paranormal elements in the series. Characters who fight for what they think is right. That’s probably why none of them are quite what they appear to be when you first meet them. The series has been described as a unique and different kind of read and a totally unpredictable a roller coaster of a read. I hope you’ll enjoy reading about the series as much as I enjoyed writing it.

2.               How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I’ve written the first three books of the Black Angel Book series Twice Upon A Time (The Black Angel Book Series, Volume 1), Deadly Ever After (The Black Angel Book Series, Volume 2) and Once Upon A Dream (The Black Angel Book Series, Volume 3) and am currently writing the fourth and final installment, Madly Ever After.
It’s impossible for me to choose a favorite book because it’s a continuous story that has to be read in order, and so much happens between the first book and the last one. It’s like picking a favorite child.

3.               Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
As the mother of a young daughter, it wasn’t easy to put aside  time when I started writing my debut novel, because unfortunately, I still have a day job that pays the bills. I mostly wrote in front of the tv in the evening and on weekends.
Nowadays, I reserve time each evening for reading (just like public transportation) and writing is whenever. However, I made a choice and I’m a recovering TV addict. It gives me more time for what I need.
The only requirement is that I have to put my noise cancelling headphones and music blasting in my ears. That’s the one way I found efficient to be in “my bubble” and set the mood about the chapter I’m writing. Music is vital to my writing routine. Certain songs or artists go on repeat such as Chris Cornell. I discovered his beautiful voice and awesome music when I was living in the US to graduate with an MBA. Don’t be surprised to see his name in my books!
Depending on whose POV I’m writing about and the mood of the character, I pick from an eclectic playlist. I’m open to suggestions. That’s also why I chose songs as titles for each chapter of the series.

4.               Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
I try to have coffee (no espresso) or water nearby, but I don’t snack while writing.

5.               Do you have a favorite spot to write?
I write at home, in Paris, France where I live with my family... did I mention that I am French? I use my laptop on the dining room table, unless I’m on the plane or the train.

6.               Which of your characters would you like to meet in person and why?
I’d love to meet Virgil Blake, the male main character of the book, in person. He’s larger than life and certainly not your typical romance novel character. Virgil is flawed in more ways than not. He’s awkwardly sexy. Also Virgil is committed, noble and wants to do the right thing…until he wants more. Throughout the series, and in this book, Virgil evolves, and we witness his inner struggle and share his determination.

7.               Who was your childhood hero?

Ever since watching the TV series, I’ve been fascinated by Wonder Woman. Lynda Carter really pulled off that tiara-cami-short combo which would have been ridiculous on anyone else… Her version of a demigoddess warrior princess was amazing. Warrior? Yes, Wonder Woman is a warrior with awesome god-forged weapons that can’t be referred to as gadgets. How cool are her Lasso of Truth, indestructible bracelets, and razor-edged dual purpose weapon/tiara? And what about the silent and invisible plane controlled by her mind?
Wonder Woman, Princess of Themyscira, aka Diana Prince, is definitely the ultimate female warrior. An Amazon who inspired me when I began writing about Rose, the female lead character of the Black Angel Book series.
Although twenty-two-year old Rose starts out as a heart-broken, shell of  herself  in Twice Upon A Time (Volume 1 in the series), she grows into a stronger woman by facing emotions and facts that she’s not quite equipped to deal with...until she is.

8.               What are writing projects are you currently working on?
I’m working on the final installment in the series, Madly Ever After (The Black Angel Book Series, Volume 4). Add it to your TBR list: https://goo.gl/grUZFH
Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment