Friday, June 2, 2017

Featured Author: Linda K. Sienkiewicz

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Linda K. Sienkiewicz!!




 In the Context of Love

In the Context of Love is an intensely charged story about family secrets, love and lust.

What happens when our examination of the people and events that shaped our lives leads to more questions than answers? Her family shattered, her husband in jail, and two children to protect, Angelica is haunted by memories of Joe, the beautiful boy she once loved. She wonders how her life got turned upside down, but some family secrets are so devastating they can derail your life. And if Joe returns, will he help her, or tear her world further apart?
2016 Eric Hoffer Book Award Finalist
2016 Sarton Women’s Book Finalist
2016 Reader’s Choice Finalist in Fiction
2016 USA Book News “Best Book” Finalist 
"With tenderness, but without blinking, Sienkiewicz turns her eye on the predator-prey savannah of the young and still somehow hopeful." ~Jacqueline Mitchard, author of NYTimes #1 Bestseller, Deep End of the Ocean
"Absorbing, heartbreaking, compulsively readable, and insightful, In the Context of Love is storytelling at its best." ~Lewis Robinson, author of Water Dogs
"Linda Sienkiewicz has written a love letter to the wonder and imperfection of everyday life." ~Marcy Dermansky, author Bad Marie and The Red Car






 Interview With Linda K. Sienkiewicz:
 
1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
In the Context of Love was inspired by a magazine article titled "My Father is a Rapist," which featured the lives of several women who learned this crushing fact when they were teens. Their journeys were harrowing, yet courageous and inspiring. So I created a fictitious character born in the late fifties who lives with her birth mother and adoptive father. I didn't know how she'd learn of her conception or what she'd do when she did, but that's part of the joy (and challenge) of writing. 
2. When did you know you wanted to write a book?
My poetry editor suggested I start a novel based on the characters of a short story I wrote that was published and nominated for a "Best of Erotica" award. Well, I had no idea how to write a novel, but couldn't resist the challenge. The result was what I call my starter novel. It was a learning experience. Then I went back to school to earn a Masters of Fine Art in Creative Writing to learn even more!
3. What inspires you to write?
Other people's lives and attitudes fascinate me. I like to put myself in their shoes and view their world from their eyes.
4. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
I have a room all to myself filled with books and things that inspire me. I'm a homebody.
5. Do you write your first draft on paper or the computer?
I usually outline or do rough sketches of scenes in a notebook, then do the actual writing on my computer.
6. Do you listen to music while you write?
I do! I use Pandora. I like Pete Yorn, Sam Prekop, and the Lumineers. I write rhythmically. Music energizes me.
7. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
I would like super peripheral vision. I have a habit of tripping and walking into things. My family will ask me, "Jeez, didn't you see that (shoe) (table) (small animal)?" I fear one day I'll walk right off a cliff, or into the path of something deadly.
8. What are you working on now?
I have two novels in the works. One is a companion story about the love interest of the main character, Joe, from In the Context of Love, who fled the turbulence of his family and alcoholic father. The other is about a obsessive young woman who finds a box of discarded love letters, falls in love with the writer, and travels to Ocracoke Island to find him.


1 comment: