Thursday, June 1, 2017

Featured Author: Anita Gray

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Anita Gray!!



Blaire Part One 

Synopsis 

Bought. Conditioned. 
My name is Blaire. I'm head of security to a man who controls the Russian underworld in Europe. His name is Maksim and he's my master. He bought me ten years ago and conditioned me with brutality to worship and protect him. And I have protected him. I've slain everyone who has tried to do him harm. Everyone but a man he loans me to; a man who threatens to break me and everything I believe in. 
You're going to need a strong stomach and a strong heart to follow my story, because take my word for it, it's no fairy tale.






Interview With Anita Gray:


1.     Can you tell us a little about your books?
At the moment, I’m drawn to writing Dark Romance (though I will branch out as I write to mood). I’m addicted to reading and writing in the genre. The term Dark Romance triggers a stereotype for this genre (I hear it a lot) and a lot of readers think it’s ‘kidnapped and abused, in the sexiest term of course—sometimes brutal’. But the way I depict it isn’t always stereotypical. I like to explore boundaries and go in different directions than the usual. The darkness is not always between ‘love interests’. Sometimes, the darkness lingers around them through other forces, thus creating painful and emotional conflict.
 
2.     When did you know you wanted to write a book?
It was about three years ago. I was devouring books like tomorrow was going to end, and I was very into PNR. I got in a heavy ‘I can’t read anything’ rut and couldn’t find anything to enjoy, so I pulled out my laptop and started writing what I wanted to read. I only wrote for myself, and bashed out 3 books. Three years later, I started writing a Dark Romance novel after reading the genre like crazy, and it went off in its own direction, and BLAIRE was created.  
 
3.     What inspires you to write?
I can never relax. I could work a 12 hour day, when it’s over sprawl out on the couch but I’ll get up within ten minutes to either smoke a cigarette or do something… My mind is always rotating, whether it be cooking, sorting my pets, playing the piano, reading, watching movies, indulging the hubby, and I have the wildest dreams—a lot of the scenes in my books come from dreams—and when I’m restless, my imagination is overactive, so I write. And when I do, I can’t stop. I wrote BLAI2E (part 2) the outline within 2 weeks.
 
 
4.     Do you have a favorite spot to write?
I have a little office upstairs in my house. It used to be downstairs but I’m easily distracted by my 2 cats or 2 dogs, the boys (the hubby or my stepson) wandering about the house, so I moved upstairs to be out of the way and it’s my sanctuary. I write at my desk, and if I get uncomfortable and restless, I have a comfortable chair that I kick back and use the laptop.
 
5.     When you write do you write the first draft on a computer or paper and pen?
A computer, always. I’m forever changing things, and if I wrote on paper, the world would plunge into rubbish chaos.
 
6.     Do you listen to music while you write?
Absolutely. Mostly sex scenes, or I’ll listen to music while visualizing and then turn it off, and write.
 
7.     Are you attending any Author Signing Event this year?
I am not holding a signing, but I am attending The Darker Side of Fiction. Next year, I will most likely do a signing but I am crapping my pants :-p
 
8.     If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
Invisibility, so I could write in a lone world.
 
9.     What are you working on next?
BLAI2E (part 2) the follow on to BLAIRE (part 1)
 
 
 
Where to find Anita Gray:
Spotify Playlist: https://goo.gl/SZUoCN

No comments:

Post a Comment