Friday, March 3, 2017

Featured Author: Kam Newton




Welcome Today's Featured Author
 Kam Newton!!



His Beautiful Nightmare (The Suffer Ring Series Book 1)

by Kam Newton


Cobolt Wolfe was no white knight or Prince Charming, he was a inked up bad boy with a life long chip on his shoulder. That was till he met Ruby Lee, the rockabilly rose amongst the thorns of her small town. Cobolt had found the one woman who would force him to tear down his own walls, facing the monsters of his past in order to save her from her own.









About Author Kam Newton:
I'm Kam, HI! 
I'm an Aussie, coffee addicted, crazy, pink haired mum of 2 amazing kidlets. I'm a Facebook addicted writer that is fluent in sarcasm and loves to meet new readers and writers alike, so come say Hi. 
Kam 

Facebook

Instagram -
authorkamnewton

Twitter -
@authorkamnewton



Interview With Kam Newton:
 
1. Can you tell us a little about your book?

Well His Beautiful Nightmare is my first novel which I self-published on eBook last October. It’s pretty much all the things I wanted to read myself. Bolt is the brooding, bad boy that’s covered in tattoos and attitude that falls for the non-traditional girl. I love Ruby she is my favourite, she is curvy, sassy and sweet all rolled into one. She loves classic cars from being brought up around them from her dad and brother. Most of all I love how the characters in this series are more than just friends, they are a family. 
 
 
2. How did you choose the genre you write in?

I had no idea what genre my book was to start with, it sort of fell into a few areas but decided the genre it best resembled was Suspense/Romance. I’m still not sure all my books in the future will fit this genre but the rest of The Suffer Ring series will be Suspense/Romance. 
 
3 .When did you know you wanted to write a book?

I have always been interested in writing, I wrote my first short story when I was 12 and continued into high school but then I was more interested in reading the stories then writing them. As super cheesy as it is I decided to write His Beautiful Nightmare after a dream I had which intrigued me so much I had to write it down and keep writing till their story was told. That scene was the carpark scene with Bolt and Ruby before she runs away. 
 
4. Do you have a favourite spot to write?

I used to write in bed with my laptop which I still love to do when its cold but mostly I love to write in my writing cave. I converted my sons old room into a purple writing haven where I can put in the headphones and just get lost in the words. 
 
5. Do you work with an outline, or just write?

I just start to write and see where it starts to lead me then once the characters start to show me where they are wanting to go I write a rough outline for what’s ahead. 
 
6. What is a usual writing day like for you?  How is it structured?

I tend to write when my characters start talking to me. I don’t like to force my writing which I guess is why I am so slow, having 2 kidlets under 6 don’t help with that either haha. I like to write at night once they are in bed and I can focus or Mondays when they are in school and preschool. Then I have the whole day to myself to get involved with my chatty characters. 
 
7. What is your favourite comfort food?

Malteasers!! I could happily eat them all day and if you see me at a signing odds are I have a packet stashed away somewhere haha 
 
8. What are writing projects are you currently working on?

I’m writing the next novel in my The Suffering Series – Our Stolen Illusion which I hope to release later this year. I’m also working on my part of the Scars to Your Beautiful Anthology, which will be released early next year. I’m very excited about both projects coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment