Saturday, June 4, 2016

Featured Author: Romarin Demetri

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Romarin Demetri!!!


A Mirror Among Shattered Glass 
(The Supernatural London Underground Book 1)
by Romarin Demetri  
 
Unable to contain the deadly nature of her family secret and powers, nine-teen year old Romarin Demetri hails from California, U.S.A, to unearth her heritage as a descendant of serial-killer, Countess Bathory, the woman that lent Dracula his legend, and cursed Romarin with an appetite for blood.

Unenthusiastic about relocating to her birth city of London, a charming paranormal investigator with claim to the throne could change her mind, as he leads her to the only living and distant relative she has: a raven-haired recluse named Talia, who has taken refuge in an old castle in the heart of the city, and doesn’t seem to have a heart of her own.

After a rough introduction to the lethal, inappropriate, and enchantingly sarcastic people she calls her housemates, perhaps the other misfits will be her first true friends; However, as much as these people are like her, they still have hidden vendettas, a taste for revenge, and will struggle between what is just, and what will settle their psychological upheaval. There is only one way for Romarin to become part of the Supernatural London Underground: Can she be the one who challenges them to put down their ghosts and demons and make their world together?
 


Book Trailer: 
https://youtu.be/oTTvGB7t_oU

Goodreads: 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29416363-a-mirror-among-shattered-glass

Amazon: 
http://www.amazon.com/Mirror-Shattered-Supernatural-London-Underground-ebook/dp/B01CIZM6KQ


 About Romarin Demetri:


 
Romarin Demetri is a story crafter who loves black coffee, traveling abroad, and when her characters come home in some sort of trouble she swears she didn’t invent. Pulling from her B.A. in English and Psychology, her debut series, The Supernatural London Underground, is a blend of fantasy ground in reality, and a world a reader can truly escape to. As an eccentric and reader, she still enjoys creating the alternate reality in her urban fantasy series (more than anything!), and her interactive world waits for you at RomarinDemetri.com.

Social and Media links:

Powers and Personality Subculture Quiz: https://uquiz.com/SevRSQ
 
 
Interview With Romarin Demetri:
 
1.       Can you tell us a little about your book?
            My book is the first in a series, and it’s named “A Mirror Among Shattered Glass”. A journey to England is the very first step for Romarin in finding out who her birth parents were, and why her powers are out of control. This adventure isn’t an easy one. It’s dark, twisty, and humorous. Romarin might have thought her powers were her biggest problem, but getting her misfit housemates to trust her proves a far more difficult task. The book really comes down to the subject of friendship, and realizing that your destiny is your own, and no one else’s.

2.      How did you choose the genre you write in?
I love Urban Fantasy because it’s ground in a concrete urban setting with fantastical elements. Fantasy and reality should always meld together for a believable yet fun book.

3.      Do you work with an outline, or just write?
Outlines before writing dialogue are my goal for the end of this series and the next, but I started off writing the story first for “Mirror” and then outlined it near the end to fill things out. Outlining first makes things faster, even though a story will write a story no matter what order you go in.

4.      Do you have a favorite spot to write?
In the beginning of a series I like to go to the places I write about. I take pictures and video if I need to describe something later. My favorite setting ever was the roof of Dover Castle in Dover, and because if this breathtaking view, the rooftop of the castle my characters live in really becomes a staple setting.
(see photo)



5.      Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
I’m a black coffee drinker, but I also love loose-leaf tea. Right now I have Green Chai and I’m just taking my time and writing!

6.      Do you listen to music while you write?
It surprises me that I don’t listen to music while I write, but I do have playlists on my website for the books. I like to concentrate when I write, and was always that way with homework (some of which was writing stories) in college.

7.      If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
I want almost all of them—all of the powers! Being a “hero” and not a villain means I could be trusted with them all and do the right thing. I don’t have a particular liking towards shapeshifters and find it a very insidious power, so perhaps all except shifting.

8.     What are writing projects are you currently working on?
I am currently wrapping up the last books in my series, “The Supernatural London Underground”, and am trying to hold off on starting my next series until the first is done. I have been outlining the second series so thoroughly that it will practically write itself, and I am getting excited to write from alternating points of view of two best-friends who are not romantically linked. Changing up authentic voices will be a really cool thing to try and will really help the readers get into the book.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment