Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Featured Author: Lilly Rayman


Welcome Today's Featured Author
Lilly Rayman!!



An Unexpected Bonding 

Best Work and Most Popular Work in the iParchment writing rally 2014.
A supernatural race, older than both vampire and wolf, have foreseen a future of peace and prosperity.
The few work together for the benefit of all, to bring about this peace.
Meanwhile, enemies within the wolf nation are working to upset the balance of power.
For centuries there has been hatred, bloodshed and killing between the vampire and wolf nations.
A supernatural race, older than both vampire and wolf, have foreseen a future of peace and prosperity.
New bondings are made and relationships forged; all of this happening whilst the supernatural work towards peace, despite the evil machinations of a power hungry wolf.
At the death of her mother, Livvie was now the only wolf-less member of the Romulus pack, and found it almost impossible to live with them. With the Alpha's permission she left to travel the country. When she fell in love, she found her place in the world and settled with the man of her dreams on his cattle ranch in Texas. But after nearly a decade away from the pack, Livvie's life is about to change.
Darius, an ancient vampire, son of the Egyptian Sun God Ra, is wandering. His heart is aching, and his soul is restless. Eventually he finds himself in Texas, working for a beautiful woman with a magnetic pull he does not understand. It's only when she is taken from him, that he recognises a bond that is stronger than all others. The truth of that bond will shake him to his core.
Isia is Darius' twin sister. She has also found herself in a life threatening situation, unable to free herself and praying for death to claim her. Until she is found and rescued from an unlikely source, and her life takes an unexpected change of immense proportions.
As Beta of the Romulus pack, Cato has worked tirelessly at his Alpha's side. After decades of searching and never finding his soul-mate, he had given up on his search, and resigned himself that maybe the Fates were not to be so kind to him. But on a rescue mission for a lost pack member, Cato finds out that Fate had plans for him all along.





PRINT LINKS - AUB 

https://www.waterstones.com/book/an-unexpected-bonding/lilly-rayman/9781925152562

http://www.bookdepository.com/An-Unexpected-Bonding-Lilly-Rayman/9781925152562
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/an-unexpected-bonding-lilly-rayman/1120799288?ean=9781925152562
http://www.wheelersbooks.com.au/books/9781925152562-unexpected-bonding-an/
http://www.fishpond.com.au/Books/Unexpected-Bonding/9781925152562









About Today's Featured Author Lilly Rayman:


First and foremost I am a wife and mother. I was born in England where I had a dream at the age of 14. That dream was to chase cattle on horseback across the Australian Outback.

In 2008, I had the opportunity to follow that dream, and found myself travelling to Australia on an Outback working holiday, and I've chased cattle; on horse back; across the Outback. I met my soul mate, whilst on my working holiday, married him, and we have two beautiful daughters, and I'm still loving life in Australia.

I love to read, much to my husbands dismay sometimes when I have my head metaphorically buried in the pages of a book (I mean, how can that be literal since the dawn of e-books?)!

I love fantasy, I used to take myself away from my nasty world of bullies and appear in some wonderful land of dragons and magic! Pern was my all time favourite hide out world, God bless Anne and Todd MacCaffery.

When I immersed myself in my fantasy worlds, I used to re-write the plots in my head, starring myself as some great, sword drawn character who wouldn't give two hoots what the local bully thought! That eventuated in my actually writing down my own stories.

More recently I was inspired to start writing again, and I picked up on the whole craze of werewolf and vampire. I have had the most enjoyment writing AN UNEXPECTED BONDING, and the two books that will follow it.

I hope you can find enjoyment in my hide away from reality!



INTERESTING AUTHOR FACTS

1. My eldest daughter was diagnosed with retinoblastoma (eye cancer) when she was 18 months old, she is now 3 years old. A lot of the editing that took place ready for publishing took place either in the chemotherapy ward OR on board the $1.5 million private Malibu plane that would fly us back and forth to Sydney.

2. The horse's used in the book are the same horses that live on our farm. We breed horses, and have over 40 of them.

3. The last seven years of my life, since I set foot on Australian soil, have been the most amazing seven years of my life. I have had so many adventures, that I could write a trilogy based on my Australian life!

4. An Unexpected Bonding will be a trilogy. The next two books are being drafted in Wattpad right now, (as one book - the draft will be split during the first editing stage.) AUB2&3 Ancient History will be edited into AUB2&3

5. I have been fighting a writers block, this has resulted in two short unedited stories on Wattpad that will probably just remain as Wattpad novels. Red Wolf The Last Centaur
UPDATED- The Last Centaur is now a fully edited kindle file exclusively available for giveaway winners only!

6. I have written a short story connected to the Unexpected Trilogy that was published in the Dare To Shine anthology in May.



Interview Questions With Lilly Rayman:
 
1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
 An Unexpected Bonding was my response to wanting to avoid cliché in the werewolf vampire genre, interestingly enough, the original premise behind the story is nothing how it turned out, and I'm glad, because I feel that the book it became is heaps better than what it was intended to be!
If you could be friends with one of your character, which one would you chose? 
I'd be friends with them all, but to choose one? I think it would actually be Sheriff Rance West. He may only be a supporting character in book one, but he comes completely into his own in book two! 
2. Do you work with an outline or just write?
I just write. I have scene ideas that I want to happen and just write and write until I get there, sometimes taking a detour along the way. 
 
3. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
Not really. I will write wherever I can, whether that be on the Wattpad app on my iPhone, or on my laptop in the Aussie sunlight! 

4. Do you have a favortie food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
When writing I forget what food or drink is! Hehehe! But Summertime would be icy cold water with a twist of lemon and lime, and winter is a steaming mug of peppermint tea.  My latest snack food has been my homemade chocolate chip brownies! 
  
5. What's your favorite summertime activity?
Playing chase with the kidlets near the dam or playing with horses. But that must be done at 6am, by 10am you're looking to escape the heat as it climbs past 30degrees C up towards the 40s! 
 
6. For a reader who hasn't read your books yet, which do you suggst they start with?
An Unexpected Bonding.  But if you're lucky to be a giveaway winner grab The Last Centaur! It's an exclusive giveaway and a great short read! 
 
7. What writing projects are you currently working on?
As my author self, I'm busy working on finishing the trilogy, but take away my author hat and I am also working with a fellow "writer in crime" to launch a new type of hybrid publisher, Zebra Publications!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment