Thursday, July 2, 2020

Featured Author: Carla R.

Welcome Today's Featured Author 
Carla R.!



Badass: Book One in the Bombshells Series


The debut novel by Carla R.

Badass, Book One in the Bombshells Series

Molly O'Brien is a spitfire. She co-owns a successful salon with her best friends and is living that single girl life. She's got a smart mouth, a warm heart and a string of terrible dates trailing behind her.

After she meets sexy fireman, Brenden Clarke, she starts to think her luck with dating may have changed. When a very public altercation with her ex sets off a chain of events that has her fearing for her life, Molly has to decid if she'll be the damsel in distress or a total BADASS.


 















About Carla R.:
Carla R. is a married, mom of two that loves to read a good love story. She got it in her head one day that she could write one too, and so she did. She loves to write about strong independent women and the sexy men that love them.

When she's not writing, she's usually spending time with her hubby, kids and pets or binge watching The Office ...again. She's a stay at home mom with a caffeine addiction, a part-time hairstylist, and a full-time smart ass.






1. Can you tell us a little about your book?
Bad Ass is a story about a woman, named Molly, that is her own hero. She's sassy, smart and self sufficient but she wants to find love. She has a whole slew of terrible dates before she meets Brenden. He's a sexy, sweet Alpha male, but he also realizes that Molly can take care of herself. After they meet, Molly starts being stalked and terrorized. So a good portion of the story is trying to figure out who  is behind it. 


2. What inspires you to write? 
This is my first book and I had been kicking the idea around in my head for a while. It took me a long time to get up the courage to start writing because I wasn't sure I could write a full stoy. There are a few scenes that are based on actual events from my single days.


3. How do you come up with your characters names? 
Molly is a name I've always liked. I always pictured myself as a Molly if I wasn't a Carla. That probably stems from my love of 1980s Brat Pack movies. I had friends help me name a few charachters also. Some of the characters are named after my actual friends, like a few of the Bombshells. (ladies that work in the salon Molly co-owns)


4. If you could be friends with one of your character, which one would you chose? 
Well, Molly kind of is me... not exactly me, but a cooler more put together version of a 20 something me. Sammy, who is Molly's best friend is loosely based on my friend Casey. But I'd really like to hang out with all the Bombshells.


5. Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured? 
I write when I can find time. I have two kiddos, 8 and 2.5 years old. My 2.5 year old has some special needs so, a lot of my day is devoted to her care and appointments. Typically after they go to bed at night, is generallly when the magic happens. And by magic, I mean I binge watch The Office and procrastinate, then stay up too late cranking out a few hundred words and then do the same thing the next day. 


6. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
 I usually sit on my bed when I write. Sometimes when the kids are running around in our backyard, I'll sit at the patio table.....that has yet to produce more than one sentence. 

7. If you had a superpower, what would it be? 
Eternal Energy. It would be nice to feel refreshed and energized all the time. Maybe I'd work out more if that were the case. Is being well rested a super power?

8. What  writing projects are you currently working on?
 I've started working on the second book in the Bombshells series. This one is about Gracie, who is the receptionist in the salon. I'm also mapping out the stories that will follow these two in the Bombshells Series and a series that will somewhat intertwine with Bombshells but will include lots of sexy, bearded, tattooed fellas....if you're into that sort of thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment