Saturday, May 11, 2019

Blog our for Fire and Obsidian by Andrew Grey


    

Title: Fire and Agate
Author: Andrew Grey
Series: Carlisle Deputies #4
Genre:  M/M Contemporary Romance/Law Enforcement
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Release Date: May 7 2019
Edition/Formats Available In: eBook & Print 



Blurb/Synopsis:
Can a couple be more opposite than a thief and a cop? Or do they have more in common than they think?
Mattias stole to survive. He was damn good at it. But there’s no such thing as a victimless crime, and when he saw how his theft hurt people, he resolved to change. Now he works as a consultant, and while helping to investigate a rash of burglaries, he crosses paths with James.


Police Officer James Levinson doesn’t trust thieves, and that includes Mattias. James’s father stole to support himself, and James knows firsthand how that can destroy lives—it inspired him to go into law enforcement. Mattias is no different, from what he can tell… at first.
As they work together, Mattias and James realize there’s something deeper between them than just the physical attraction neither can deny. Given time, they might even grow to trust each other—unless the case they’re working on dredges up pasts both would rather forget.

Book Links

 

Excerpt
“Fine. But you stay out of the way and don’t say anything. You can listen.” James headed for the door, then strode as fast as he could out to his car. Mattias was already in the passenger seat before he got in, the bag on his lap. James buckled himself in and pulled out of the lot, heading back toward his home turf. Neither of them talked, and after a while, it put James on edge, which he didn’t like. “What are you thinking?”
“That I shouldn’t talk.”
James wanted to strangle him. “Are you always this annoying?” he asked as he pulled to a stop at a light on their way east.
“Maybe just a little more than usual. You tend to bring it out in me.” Mattias smiled and his eyes glistened. For a second it was like Mattias had been transformed into some ancient god. Maybe he was the reborn spirit of the mischievous god of wine or something. “I’m sorry I lifted your gun. I didn’t know you were going to take it that harshly, but you were so stoic and uptight.”
“I’m professional. I have a job to do, and I do it the very best I can. All the time.” There hadn’t been much room for anything or anyone else in his life. He was the job—he lived the job.
“I see,” Mattias said as he turned to him. For a second James felt naked, as though Mattias could see straight through him. He wanted to squirm but wasn’t going to show Mattias the weakness.
“What does that mean?” James snapped, then immediately wished he hadn’t.
“Look, I’m sorry, okay? I didn’t mean to take anything away from your professionalism when I lifted your gun. You challenged me, and I think I tried to get back at you a little. Believe it or not, I’m just as much a professional as you are.” Mattias hit him with a stare.
It was on the tip of his tongue to make a crack about Mattias’s “profession,” but James figured letting it go was probably going to be more productive. They needed to work together on this case, and fighting with each other wasn’t going to get the job done.
“I saw that glare.” There was teasing around the edges of Mattias’s voice, and James figured he was trying to ramp him up again. “I am a professional—I always have been. I never injured anyone or damaged things of value. I was a thief, yes. I got in and out quick and easy, and that was the end of it.”


Author Information



Andrew grew up in western Michigan with a father who loved to tell stories and a mother who loved to read them. Since then he has lived throughout the country and traveled throughout the world. He has a master’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and works in information systems for a large corporation.
Andrew’s hobbies include collecting antiques, gardening, and leaving his dirty dishes anywhere but in the sink (particularly when writing)  He considers himself blessed with an accepting family, fantastic friends, and the world’s most supportive and loving partner. Andrew currently lives in beautiful, historic Carlisle, Pennsylvania.

Author Links
Facebook Group All the Way with Andrew Grey
Twitter @andrewgreybooks

For Other Works by Andrew Grey
(Please Be Sure To Stop by His Website to See All of His Works)

No comments:

Post a Comment