Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Featured Author: Christopher Galvin

Welcome Today's Featured Author 
Christopher Galvin!!






Strings: 



Welcome to Puppet Town! Home to hand puppets, sock puppets, shadow puppets, marionettes, rod puppets and a mysterious theatre...
When Mary Scully and her imaginary friend, Mr Socks discover a puppet theatre in her room, little does she realise it is a doorway to another world and an adventure of a lifetime!
For ages 8 and up 



 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1717744621



Bit Grim Isn’t It?:  



"Follow the rope. Close your eyes. Keep going forward."
A rope that goes on forever, a dark and sinister apartment block, a morally conflicted orc and a strange initiation on Halloween night are just some of the tales that await you in 'Bit Grim, Isn't It?' Macabre, funny, honest, strange, this collection of 10 short stories will make you laugh, cry and shudder. Be warned. These stories... are a bit Grim. 




https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1719877564


YouTube trailer for Bit Grim, Isn’t It? https://youtu.be/15v702MT58c

Other writing: 
Joint winner of The Write Points Second Flash Fiction Contest with ‘The Computer had eyelids.’ https://thewritepoint.com/news/top-winners-of-twp-second-flash-fiction-contest/
Published story, ‘Bit Grim, Isn’t It?’ in Literati magazine: http://literatipub.com/
Short play ‘My Lovely Molly’ published on the Fishamble website:


About Christopher Galvin:

Christopher Galvin is from Croghan, County Offaly. He has a background in TV and Film, a BA Hons Degree in Video and he works as a short film director, writer and editor. His latest short film ‘Stuck’ has had a successful run on the film festival circuit. Christopher loves writing and ‘Strings’ is his first published book. He has since published a collection of short stories titled ‘Bit Grim, Isn’t It?’ Since writing ‘Strings’ Chris has had the ‘I’ve got no strings’ song from Pinocchio stuck in his head. And now, you do too.

Social Media Links:




Interview With Christopher Galvin:
 
1. Can you tell us a little about your books?I have two out at the moment. ‘Strings’ is a children’s fantasy story about a young girl and her imaginary friend who discover a place called Puppet Town and have some cool (and scary) adventures. Not only is it very imaginative, but it has some nice lessons about friendship and loneliness too. ‘Bit Grim, Isn’t It?’ is a short story collection that revolves around the theme of death, which does sound a bit grim! It’s got fantasy, sci-fi, horror, the supernatural, and some unexpected moments of comedy too. A perfect book to read for the month of October!

2. What inspires you to write?My imagination I suppose. Sometimes I just get an idea and have to put it down on paper (or Word). It’s a drive I have that I try to fulfil when I can.

3. When did you know you wanted to write a book?I think from an early age, when I was maybe 8 or 9. I always liked writing short stories but an actual book was another thing altogether. It took me nearly 30 years before I decided to do something about it.

4. Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
No special time. I write when I write. Some days I know I have a specific time that I’m free, other days it’s when I can cram it in. Those days I usually end up writing late at night.

5. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing? Tea. Milk and two sugars. Potential biscuit as well but I’m not too fussy.

6. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
I usually write at my girlfriend’s desk but I can write anywhere. I don’t wait for a space to appear. If I’m on a train and I need to write I just pull out my phone and start typing.

7. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Flight I think! I’m kind of afraid of flying so I could potentially negate that by taking it on myself… though hauling around my luggage might be a bit of a pain.
8. What are writing projects are you currently working on?
A sequel to ‘Strings’, another batch of short stories, a YA fantasy novel, and a horror novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment