Sunday, February 4, 2018

Featured Author: Crystal Rister




    

    
    
 
Welcome Today's Featured Author
Crystal Rister!!









BOOKS




Burning At Last




Sara Thomas
Thirteen years ago a tragedy sent her fleeing from her home. Now she returns, in hopes of a new start. One dangerous night forces her to realize that everything she believed to be true, isn't, and everyone she thought to be gone, was not. Her best friend is not only alive but claims that she is meant to be his mate.
Oh, and he's a wolf gone, Rogue.

Jarroth Denton
Seeing Sara in the bar nearly undid him, but having her so near was the true torture. He sent her running thirteen years ago to save her life, and now that he has her back, he had no plans to ever letting her go again.

Fate may intervene as the same evil that tore their lives apart has returned.

Can Sara live with Jarroth being more than just a man, and trust him with her heart?
Will Jarroth be patient enough to await Sara's decision?
Can they escape the past that has returned to finish what it started?

Find out as the Burn consumes them, and the danger nears.










BUY LINKS








Burning Rogue


Sara Thomas
Being thrust into a world of shifters, vampires and druids was enough to make her think that she was living a nightmare. Add to that the father she thought died, showing up at the door and kidnapping her, it's enough to question her sanity.
Just as Sara is ready to go through the claiming with Jarroth, fate has intervened and sets her course for danger, and possibly death.

Jarroth Denton
On the hunt for his mate, Jarroth enlists his friend Cayden to assist in his search, who adds a few vampires to their efforts. Together, they will find his mate, but keeping her alive becomes nearly impossible until it's taken out of their hands, and they are forced to accept what fate has handed them.

The fight becomes real as their desire wars with the danger, and more secrets come to the surface.

The enemy finally approaches, and the Rogue will no longer be denied.













BUY LINKS









Healed by Hunger


River West left home for college at seventeen. Since then, not able to be near the man she had dreamt about since her teenage years, and know he didn't feel the same way, she'd only been home once, for her mother's funeral. She'd graduated college, had a romantic relationship with her boss, had his child, was nearly beaten to death, buried her brother, and was now in hiding five hundred miles away at a resort in North Carolina.

At nineteen, Ace Barnett watched River's mother drive her away to college, but not before pushing her away, believing it was best for both their sakes. When he was made Alpha, he changed rules for the better of his pack. Now able to claim River as his mate, he has found her and will bring her home. Convincing her they were meant to be will be harder than he thought. The flirtatious girl he once tried to ignore, was gone, and in her place, is a strong-willed woman with a determination to keep him at bay.
But he had determination too.
He will not go home without her.

In the thirty-fourth installment, of the previous stories in the Happy Endings Resort Series you fell in love with, Ace fights for the woman he loves with both heart and fists. They will endure secrets, heartache, and an abusive boss used to getting his way. 

I promise you, all will be right and hearts will be mended.












BUY LINK




About Crystal Rister:

Crystal Rister resides in rural Kentucky with her husband and children, where she can sit out back and dream of countless fantasies that stream straight from the beautiful woods just steps away.
She is first and foremost a mother of eight children. Though, you could say she also has "extras" since she's a childcare provider as well. She loves crafting, sipping coffee and irritating her husband to the brink of him walking off, shaking his head, laughing at her stunts to drive him crazy (he silently enjoys it in his own private thoughts).
 Crystal believes that reading is the answer, no matter what the question is... just read. She relishes in worlds of fantasy, romance, and the enticing allure of hot scenes involving a bit of muscle, sweat, fangs, growls and the occasional bite.

She knows that her dream of writing will forever be a learning process, and believes she's growing with every fan she gains.
 Crystal loves hearing from her readers, so be sure to check out her social accounts.



Social Media









Interview With Crystal Rister:

1.      Can you tell us a little about your books?
My first two books are a Duology. Book 1 is titled Burning At Last, and Book 2 is titled Burning Rogue. In all honesty, I did not plan on them becoming a series. I initially planned on having a standalone book. However, things just clicked, and it is now set in stone. In Burning At Last, the story begins when Sara, age twelve, comes from playing in the creek to find her home on fire. She not only loses her childhood home, but her parents, who were not able to get out of the house as well. The fire was not an accident and the perpetrators reveal themselves to ensure there are no survivors. This is where her best friend Jarroth comes in, by sending her away, he saves her by sacrificing himself. The story then fast-forwards to thirteen years later. Sara finds herself in a bar where events are set off that put her in danger once again and brings many ghosts from the past. It’s also an eye awakening to a world she knew nothing about. I have provided the first chapter for free on my blog. It can be found at this link: http://authorcrystalriste.wixsite.com/crystal-rister/single-post/2018/01/08/FREE-CHAPTER-Burning-At-Last
Burning Rogue takes off where Burning At Last leaves you hanging. Yes, hanging. So for those that hate cliffhangers, SORRY! In my defense, I have many, many, readers that were annoyed at first, but then thanked me when they read Burning Rogue. I promise you it is well worth the annoyance. You can also read the first chapter for free on my blog. Here’s the link:
http://authorcrystalriste.wixsite.com/crystal-rister/single-post/2018/01/08/FREE-CHAPTER-Burning-Rogue
My newest release, Healed by Hunger is a bit different than my previous two books. In this story you meet River. She’s a seventeen year old country girl, that has a crush on her brother’s best friend. The story opens up with a sneak peek at her infatuation. She leaves home for college which sets off a terrible list of trauma that River endures. After her college career she begins a relationship with her employer who she plans to marry and has a child with. In a terrible turn of events he nearly kills her, forcing her to go into hiding with her son, until the death of her brother. For River it’s a rollercoaster ride of heartache until her supposed crush Jarroth forces his way back into her life. Also, Healed by Hunger deals with domestic abuse. It’s omething that many, many women deal with in real life, and I feel that it’s something that needs talked about more often. Again, the first chapter is provided for free on my blog. It can be found here: http://authorcrystalriste.wixsite.com/crystal-rister/single-post/2018/01/08/FREE-CHAPTER-Healed-by-Hunger
All my stories are Paranormal Romances, and I do my upmost to make them, even as they are fiction, as believable as possible. I always try to create characters and situations that we can all relate to.

2.      What inspires you to write?
I have many things and reasons that push me to write, so unfortunately, I can’t give one awe inspiring answer. I have eight children, and, here’s a fact about me that I hate, I am a high school dropout. So, in my role as a parent and a role model to my children, I push myself to show them that no matter where you’ve been, or where you plan to go, you don’t stop, you don’t quit, and you ALWAYS do what you feel to be your niche. I love children and am a childcare, but I love writing and telling stories. I have them locked in my head and they need somewhere to go. I’m more than happy to create a world that readers can get lost in.

3.      Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
I wish I could say that I have a scheduled plan that I follow. As I said before, I get paid to take care of children, and I still have seven children of my own still at home (my oldest is 21, and now lives her husband and two beautiful babies). So, time for me is VERY limited. I write when I can. I do hope to someday push more than one book in a year, but I’m happy with taking care of smiling boogers while sneaking in the time when I can.

4.      Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
I guess I have the typical writer needs. I MUST have coffee, but I also have a love for green tea. My family cringes at me because I drink my teas unsweetened. My coffee is usually black, and depending on my mood, I like it hot or poured over ice. (I don’t go the cold-brewed route. I have been pouring my joe over ice for as long as I can remember)

5.      Do you have a favorite spot to write?
I have a desk, but it’s always surrounded my children. When I write, I like quiet. I usually opt for the kitchen table, early in the mornings, when the kids leave for school. Or, I write in my room after I have put the kids to bed and have finished cleaning up their messes. My husband and I are working on building a house, one that has an office added to its floorplans.
6.       What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?
I guess the biggest one was already revealed in my answer to question #2. I quit school in the 11th grade, and though it was not at all a wise choice, I was a teen mom staying up, most nights until four-something in the morning, and getting on the bus for school at 6:30 AM. Yes, I do realize I was not, and am not the only female to have a child that young. It was a personal choice for both myself and my child.

7.      If your fairy godmother waved her wand and whisked you away to the location of your choice, which place would you choose, and why?
Oh man! If I were given the chance I’d feel like a stir-crazy horse stuck with the choice between a carrot and an apple! (Which by the way should be given to them sparingly) I would LOVE to have the chance to travel the US. I’d like to meet the many, many author friends and readers I’ve gained over the years. Many have contributed to my writing a lot, and some have even been the ones to push me from the start. I also have want to go to Ireland. I know nothing about my heritage on my father’s side of my family, but my mother’s family originates from there, somewhere wayyyy back. So, I guess it would have to be a coin toss.

8.     What writing projects are you currently working on?
I currently have two WIP’s that I’m going back and forth between. Neither have a title yet, but both are exciting.
One, is kind of a mystery meets PNR. My female lead character lost her husband in a shooting. No one knows who killed him, or why. She is left with two children to raise on her own, without a father. Flash forward a few years, and my male lead character bumps into her at the grocery store. He knows immediate she’s his fated mate, but the ring on her finger and the two children that are obviously hers, tells him she is taken and already has a life. He can’t help but find out more about her, which is when he discovers the trouble that is stalking her. Things go from there in a tale of confusion, desire, and danger.
My other WIP is a modern fairytale of sorts. It kind of a Beauty and the Beast meets Little Red Riding Hood kind of tale. I don’t really want to say too much about this one because it will be soooo easy to give too much away. This is the one I’m the most excited about.


No comments:

Post a Comment