Sunday, October 29, 2017

Featured Author: Sadie Grubor

Welcome Today's Featured Author 
Sadie Grubor!


Doll Face
Sadie Grubor
writing as V Fiorello

Blurb

Most kids don't grow up wanting a dead-beat dad.  Those kids don't understand how much worse it can truly be.  How it feels to grow up wishing your father was a neglectful dead beat and not a living nightmare.
I did. I do. And my safest place is to hide among the monsters. So, that's what I do.  I blend into a sea of criminals and the depraved.  Any of them are far better company than my father.
That's how I ended up here, applying too much makeup and too little clothing. Tonight's show must be enough to entice, yet subdued enough not to draw too much attention.  Getting noticed not only puts you in the position of private dance rooms, but also makes them curious.  They want to see you, all of you, and for even a brief moment possess you. 
Even if it's all a part of the game, their night of fantasy, it's still too risky.  For two years, I've held the delicate balancing act. The occasional businessman, random bachelor, and even the rare everyday good guy, but never a regular client or patron as many of the other girls have. Sure, the money, gifts, and, hell, even the attention and pampering are more tempting than the drugs readily available in this place. Yet, the fear of being discovered, again, tampers the temptations and desires for more.
It's been over two years I've stayed safe, over two years of keeping the balance, over two years of being someone else and living their life. 
Then he walks through the dark red lacquered doors of my hiding place. His eyes searching, probing, and knowing. He sees through my fabrications, but his own secrets silence his curiosity.  Buried beneath the corded muscle and smooth tan skin lies a darkness I know too well.  It's terrifying and seductive.
Now, this temptation swirls on the tip of my tongue, teasing my taste buds, making me want to confess all my sins to a man who could punish me and free me in the most wonderfully worst ways.

This isn't a romance. This isn't a love story.
This is primal. This is raw. This is obsession.
But sometimes, love is messy.






 Excerpt



The serrated blade I'd held, as I turned all my malevolent desires onto one man—the man who starred in my childhood nightmares and marked me as a woman.
Uncaring about the water temperature, I twist knobs until cold water sprays my skin. The shock of it settles some of my impending breakdown. Wrapping my arms around my body once more, I lean back against the tiled wall. As the water warms, tears start to slip over my cheeks.
Sliding down the wall to the floor, I pull my legs to my chest and latch my arms around them. Face buried in my knees, I try to block it all out, to forget, but I've made a horrible mistake. The moment my eyes shut, everything plays out like a twisted snuff film in my head.
He wouldn't approve. All the unnecessary mess. The thoughts burrow deeper into my mind. Father would never leave so many marks on perfectly good skin.
Rocking on the floor of the shower, I slap a hand over my mouth and stifle a sob.
Lifting my other hand, I open my eyes and expect to see his hair—the hair I still feel against my palm. Shutting my lids once again, the knife against his neck accompanies the scent of blood and fear I recall pouring out of Arman's body while I made sure he remembered the fear of a young girl and the anger of the woman holding his life in her hands.
Another cry breaks through the hand on my mouth, recalling how I didn't allow him to confess his sins or beg for forgiveness. Because he didn't deserve that. His apologies fell on a bad girl's ears.
The memories play out so vividly, so intense, a metallic scent fills my nose and teases my taste buds. Echoes of painful groans fill my ears, until they're replaced by Saint and my moans of pleasure.
"Oh God!" The sobbed words slip between the fingers pressed to my mouth.
Daddy wouldn't approve of the methods, but he would have been proud of one thing: I remembered his anatomy lessons.




 Buy Links:
 


About Sadie Grubor:
Sadie Grubor is a Haribo Gummy Candy Whore & a foul-mouthed writer of smexy times and characters who typically have immature and inappropriate humor. Yes, this is a reflection of her.  She can only hope you respect her in the morning, but doesn't expect it.

At some point, she may offend you.  Yes, she realizes this and owns it.  Trying to change this outcome has proved futile in the past.  It's best to just let her trashy mouth weed out the classy folk. Everyone is better off that way.

Sadie's darker side:  V Fiorello
Where the black gummy bears come out to play.

www.twitter.com/sadiegrubor
www.sadiegrubor.tumblr.com

Interview With Sadie Grubor:


1. Can you tell us a little about your book?
Doll Face, my newest release, is book one in my first ever dark erotic series. Mei is a woman hiding behind the mask of a stripper, hoping that her past never catches up with her. While Saint embraces all his past evil deeds, wearing them like the expensive custom suits he owns. When both their pasts collide it's erotic, brutal, and, above all else, bloody.

Both have horrific pasts, but the darkest of them all isn't always the one you first suspect.

If you take this path, following Mei & Saint, it won't be a road of gold, but a blood trail as wide as a dead body.

2. When did you know you wanted to write a book?
I started at a young age creating picture books for children I babysat, but then story telling fell away to teenage years, college, and real life.  Then I found fanfiction, started writing little pieces there for fun, until finally – with the urging of my husband, I started writing my own ideas or twists on tropes.

3. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
I'm a gypsy.  I travel around my house – or outside of the house – to write in different places.  I often come back to the same spot I wrote my first Sadie Grubor book.

4. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
My body is fueled by Haribo Gummy candy.  It's my lifeforce.

5. What is a usual writing day like for you, how is it structured?
Structure?  What is structure?  😊   When I finally find the time to write, it's typically with Mr. G snoring on the couch, my kids in bed, headphones on, and my laptop overheating against my thighs.   #AuthorHotMess

6. If you could be friends with one of your character, which one would you chose?
Sidra Campbell from SNARE (a Falling Stars novel – book 3).  Granted, if you get my sister and I together, we basically are her.

7. For a reader who hasn't read your books yet, which book do you suggest they start with?
If you aren't into the dark side of things, I typically suggest one of my Rockstar Romances from The Falling Stars Series.  They aren't your typical rocker tales and each main book holds a different couple, but also pulls the entire series family of characters in for the fun.

8. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? 
I would be the Phoenix (X-Men).  Her telepathic powers are unmatched and allow her to influence others thoughts, read minds, move objects, create astral tears in the universe.  I need ALL the power!!  😊 

9. What are writing projects are you currently working on?
I'm currently working on getting a standalone novella titled Refrain & Reprise, which is based in The Falling Stars world, edited and updated to be released in December.  I'll also be including a couple holiday short stories featuring characters from The Falling Stars world.

I've also got book 4 in The Falling Stars Series in the works, along with another novella for the same world, AND the sequel to Doll Face.  Not to mention the other story ideas I have to stop and jot down – just in case. <3




 

No comments:

Post a Comment